Below are two short coaching videos with “delivery” tools you can use to dramatically improve even your very next speech:
1. Video: Don’t sell it, tell it
Having your audience connect to the emotions in your story is critical, and you can do that over and over again by letting your delivery and actions sell people on what you are feeling in each scene. Here’s a before and after example.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbIzWP0ZyqY[/youtube]
What scene, if any, in your story do you need to sell better in terms of the actions and emotions?
2. Video: Walking the Timeline (and calling back)
There are several uses for the timeline but they must all be done with subtlety. Here is an example of how you can use the stage effectively[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toatyQlHORw[/youtube]
How have you used the timeline in your stories? What have you called back to visually and verbally to deepen the impact?
- How to Uncover Humor Throughout Your Speech by Asking One Question - August 6, 2022
- How to Breathe Life into Your Zoom Speeches - July 29, 2022
- How to Immediately Make Your Speech More Interesting - May 27, 2022