Wisdom comes from reflection. One of the best ways to prosper as a speaker is to plant seeds that help you grow. Here are 27 of my phrases that, if internalized, can help you take your speaking to greater heights.
You might consider saving them in a place you pass by often so they can sink into your subconscious mind and automatically boost your speaking.
27 SPEAKING PHRASES
- You can’t have an effect if they don’t reflect
- When you lift yourself up, you let your audience down
- Tease them before you tell them
- Turn their pain into your promise
- Speak like you talk, not like you write
- If you take us through the problem, take us through the payoff
- It’s the look before and after that line that makes the line
- What’s loose is lost (always tie each message to an anchor)
- Speak to one but look to all
- Too many speakers try to get across too much information in too little time
- Don’t add humor; uncover it
- What gets recorded gets rewarded
- It’s not about perfection, it’s about connection
- Put the process, not the person, on a pedestal.
- Never sell a product, always sell the results
- Don’t speak for standing ovations; speak for standing invitations
- No phrase, no stage
- If you are always dynamic, you are no longer dynamic
- Don’t make it up, dig it up (your story is in you and waiting to be told)
- Let me forget myself, remember my speech, and touch my audience
- You can’t create a message without first creating a mess. After all, a message is just a “mess” with “age”
- The phrase determines what stays
- A confused mind says no but a clear mind says go
- Put the result before the resource
- The harder your journey, the higher their conversion
- Sell the belief before the relief
- Let your long road lead to their shortcut
What phrases have you come up with that guide you with your speaking?